Sunday, January 23, 2022

2022 begins

 Happy 2022!  Wow, time flies. I spent a month back east, helping my sister out by giving stuff away on Craigslist [side note, here in CA people seriously just ask if something's available most of the time rather than explaining why they want it. Maybe it's a NextDoor thing?  Not sure. But in NJ one woman left some chocolate as a thank you, and another guy offered up design services as a trade] and seeing my family and a few friends. Saw my ALS brother twice only, not surprisingly they have had a lot of problems with Covid outbreaks amongst staff, so they kind of shut the place down. I'm glad I was able to be there. I may have gotten my sister into the habit of taking a walk every day, which I hope so. Get out of the house!! I wanted to go to a show in NYC, and even bought a ticket to a cheap one, but then realized I shouldn't because all these people would be coming for Christmas and be nervous about being around me. So I didn't. I figure I supported the arts in some way.

I went on a backpacking trip with just women last weekend. I figured I'd try to make new friends. And there were a couple nice women and it was good to be out. January in the SF area is not too shabby. When it's not raining. Which it would be great if it were.

Right before Christmas I got an email asking if I'd want an extra 20% to help out a program that just got funding.So I said yes. And I started two weeks ago, and was freaking out because it's been a while since I worked full time. But I'm doing ok... so far. It's a great group of people, though very busy.

 OK, I'm starting to get distracted by the radio so I'm going to go.  

But then I remember something. My brother almost died because his vent stopped working. Can you imagine?? It was faulty. And we found out you can't sue if there's no physical harm - emotional trauma is not enough. Sigh.


No comments: