Monday, April 5, 2021

Vegan Oregano Pesto

 I have a ton of oregano out front. I decided a year or two ago to make pesto with it. And tried for the hell of it vegan pesto, with nutritional yeast instead of parmesan.  It was so excellent. Problem was I didn't write down what the recipe was. Yes you can use the basic pesto recipe, but I just tried that and it's not quite as good.

2 c oregano
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp salt or so
1/4 c nutritional yeast
1/2 c almonds
about 1/4 c or less olive oil
 
Blend...
 
I know I used almonds last time. Some recipes I looked at now called for pecans. Maybe I'll try a batch with pecans... But still it's good.  Just not quite so delicous as last time. Maybe it's because my yeast is old.


2 comments:

Churlita said...

Almonds? interesting. I use pine nuts in my basil pesto recipe. I love nutritional yeast. I might have to try the oregano pesto recipe.Thanks!

NoRegrets said...

I've read it's really not worth spending the money for pine nuts in this. Walnuts work well too!!