Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The passing of a DJ

A larger than life DJ at WFMU passed last week. X-Ray Burns. His partner in crime, Glen Jones, has been doing a few amazing broadcasts, as have other DJs. It got me thinking about what music I might want for my wake/funeral, so want to start a list for when I die, whenever that may be. All songs have a meaning, but not telling what it is. It might be in some cases that I just like the damn song! Or want to harass my loved ones who come to the funeral (not really...).

In no particular order:
- The Flamingos - Only have eyes for you
- Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
- Counting Crows - Time and Time Again
- Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle
- Beatles - Here comes the sun
- Einsturzende Neubauten - Silence is Sexy
- Vivaldi - the Four Seasons - Spring
- Sara Petite - We shouldn't be doing this
- Dessa - Beekeeper (Or Old Crow, or Kites)
- Nelson Eddy andJeanette McDonald -
- Julie Andrews - Sound of Music
- Tom Waits - Jersey Girl
- Paul McCartney - Let 'em in
-

1 comment:

Churls said...

Hmmm. That would take some thinking. I think mine would be filled with a lot of nostalgia songs. First and foremost, "Dancing in the Moonlight", by King Harvest. It reminds me of being a kid.