Tuesday, October 5, 2021

I've been played

I realized yesterday I had been played. At least twice in my life I've fallen for the attention of a man who was providing it for a purpose. I'm making it sound horrible but it's not really. Once was sitting at a bar all by myself at least 7 years ago. Bartender paying attention to me and sort of flirting so I'd either buy another drink or give him a good tip. Forget which I did. And yesterday sea kayaking class, getting the attention of the instructor who was sort of flirting - ish and I felt special. Maybe for a good tip. And had felt really good and oh he might like me. But then saw his instagram and of course he has some young Asian chick by his side. Which, good for him! And he really did nothing wrong. It's just weird to realize I fell for it. I'm a lonely old woman seeking attention. Mostly not, but kind of a little bit yes!

What-ever.  As those kids say. Or used to say.

No comments: