Thursday, May 18, 2023

Wonder if this will be me

 Did google hear me talking about this?

 Care professor Helena Larsson and colleagues in Sweden have written about a gradual “turning out of the lights” in old age. They argue that people steadily let go of life, until they reach a point where they are ready to turn off the outside world. Larsson’s team raises the question of whether this might be inevitable for us all.  

This need not be the consequence of a lifetime of suffering, or a response to intolerable physical pain. Tiredness of life also seems to arise in people who consider themselves to have lived fulfilling lives.

https://theconversation.com/tiredness-of-life-the-growing-phenomenon-in-western-society-203934?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Let me note I'm not tired of life. But having my niece graduate and seeing her just starting her life coinciding with me talking to a financial advisor about when to retire and how much money I'll need makes me realize I'm towards the end of my life (with a BIG ish). 

What do I want for the future? I'm not sure. I better figure it out soon though. I'm running out of time. I want that time to be healthy time too.

No comments: