Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sonic Highways

I'm watching the Dave Grohl series called Sonic Highways, where he goes to major music cities and learns about the history of the area and the studios and writes a song based on that experience.  It's inspiring and heartfelt and, having just watched the NY one, a little depressing. The idea of character fading from a city - just as it's fading from SF. Corporations taking over. Little shops disappearing.  I guess maybe you could say well, it already happened in rural areas, and has leached into cities.

Let's go back to inspiring. Creativity. It is your responsibility if you have a gift to bring it to the world.  I like to think I have a gift. I am slowly bringing it to the world.

I'm also getting inspired by my upcoming trip to Peru. A friend is living there for 6 months (her husband is Peruvian) and I'm visiting in May. I really have no desired to see the landscape. I want to spend time with people. I want to maybe volunteer. I want cultural experiences. I want to blend.  (ha!).  And maybe get inspired to get back overseas to live. THAT would take a great leap of faith. Me with my medical issues, and being over 50, leaving the US to live abroad and come back with no job.  My o my.

We shall see. We shall see. For right now, I have to do my job(s) well so people might someday want me back.  :-)

No comments: