Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday activities


My first time snowshoeing! Rented a pair of snowshoes and went with my family. It was lightly snowing so it was very pretty. The snow wasn't that deep, but I could definitely see how snowshoes help. It's been a long time since I hiked, so I was pretty sore by the end.

Other than that, it was a whole lot of very little, which is how life is supposed to be for the holidays. I have a hard time doing that at home, but it's a heck of lot easier at someone else's home. And did a lot of eating - way too much chocolate. And made turkey pot pies for my family, which they thoroughly enjoyed. I'll put the recipe up here next time around. Also read two great books: Jodi Picoult's Second Glance (great!) and Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez (very good). The Kabul story is good, but it's depressing to read about what some of these women must go through, and I also wondered about her two sons, since she never seemed to be home. Here's an article about the controversy related to the book.

I'm feeling a little boring at the moment - woke up this am with a migraine so had to go back to sleep for several hours after taking the drugs. Now just trying to get into the frame of mind of working. It's hard when not many other people are doing it!

Hope everyone is well.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow....now there's something I've not done in forever!

<-- will have to check into snowshoes around this joint!

Glorious New Year to you, ma'am. And I hope it rings in 'headache free'.

laura b. said...

I have been having very mixed feelings about my quiet, relaxing vacation :-)

I hope your headache recedes and you can enjoy ringing in the new year with your loved ones.

Stray Cat said...

I'm practicing to be actively inactive. Tis the season! Haha Happy New Year!

Tara said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I'm sorry about the migraine. Not fun at all - not that any kind of headache is a party, but I know migraines are nasty.

Susan said...

I think I would enjoy that minus the work involved with snowshoeing. As a random sidenote: about 2 hours from my house there's a ski resort called "Snowshoe"..I always think I'm spelling it wrong.