So, it's 2011. We have already finished the first decade of the century. Where did the time go??? My temptation is to look backwards at all the crap that made the decade disappear, starting really with September 2001. Blink, and it's gone.
But, it's time to look forward.
- look to skiing out here on the west coast
- look to finding a new job
- look to enjoying the half time work I have at the moment, allowing me freedom during the week
- look to meeting new people
- look to taking nice photos (my big gift from my family was a new camera. of course, my brother made the mistake of saying it's exchangeable, so now I have to figure out what really I want/need. they got me a 'life proof' camera - shock/water/cold resistant. thing is, that means somewhat lesser photo quality. so, I have a few weeks to figure it out. I am excited though to even have a camera now that will have a big screen so I can see whether the close up shots of flowers, et al, are in focus! Any recommendations on small cameras? They gave me a Panasonic Lumix - so in that vein.)
M and I exchanged gifts New Year's Eve. He liked the ones I gave him, which is always wonderful. I love finding the perfect gift, even more than getting the perfect gift (Laura, that could be a Wed choose and defend!). Among other things, he got me a cooking class to learn how to cook fish - something I'm always scared to do. I'm excited by it.
I'll talk more about New Year's day later - I'll just say that yesterday was a day of getting stuff done around the house and I so enjoyed it. Vacuuming! Yay! Making a chicken pot pie! Figuring out my estimated tax for 2010! Watching an episode of Serenity! Eating sourdough french toast! Going for a walk! Making a photo calendar for my mom! (I highly recommend Shutterfly for that.)
OK, work calls. Happy day to you.