Thursday, April 29, 2010

Monogramming

I'm not sure why I thought of this this morning, OH, now I know. The project leaders for one project I work with are sending me a gift that only *I* can use. So, what, a monogrammed towel? Then I remembered the time back in middle school that I had a sweater with my name monogrammed on it: Pamela. I was at a skating rink with some friends, and very shy at that time. A cute older guy passed me and said Hi Pamela! I was so surprised and flattered, and then I looked down and realized the sweater I was wearing...

Now I think it would be cool to find a sweater like that at a thrift store - with some other person's name - and wear it around. Confuse the hell out of people - HA! you think you know me!!

7 comments:

Tara said...

I would've been flattered too, before realizing I had my name on my sweater. :) It was still a special moment, though, at least you found out he was cute AND he could read!

laura b. said...

We don't wear name tags at work, like most people in public service sorts of jobs do, because as a group we don't like that feeling of familiarity that people take on when they KNOW your name :-)

Churlita said...

At first I thought that said mammograms and I was so confused. So, now I get it. It was hard to find anything with my name on it in the 70's. Now it seems that tons of girls have my name.

Pamela said...

Yes, a modicum of brain power is a good thing.

Laura, I understand.

Churlita, the new title of my post is mamogramming!

Ananda girl said...

People I don't know, do know my name, name tag or not. Has to do with how small a town it is... and my lack of attention to detail. Ha. I still wear my name tag at work upside-down, showing my current red cross card instead of my ID.

You should be flattered that he took the time to read it.

Tara-- Great point!

Ananda girl said...

Hahahahaha... I have to add that at first I thought you said "mammogramming". It's time for me to get another one. Guess I've got it on the brain. Sheesh!

Mel said...

I'm all for a name tag with "Billy Jo Bob" on it.

Yup. Think I'll do that one for today.

Honestly, I dislike nametags for work. Even though it's helpful (supposedly).

Yup....gonna put a sticker over the photo on my nametag and put on Billy Jo Bob....cuz I can......
It IS Friday. LOL