Sunday, April 25, 2010

You know you're getting old when

You buy the box of new jumbo multigrain rice crispies to make rice crispie cakes with. I figured what the hell. It definitely is not normal, and you cannot expect your child memory filled treat. But, I think it may be good. We'll see in the morning. I ate of course a whole row already and will likely thus be up for the next four hours, but hey, it's all in the name of experimentation.

Poor M was here all weekend. Did I tell you the first two offers both backed out? So the realtor held another open house today. A lowball offer came out of it, so we'll see what happens. He keeps saying not to worry, it'll all work out. And I try to let my worry and anxiety go. Sometimes I'm better at it than others.

M brought the blinds he had gotten (had to be special cut) and Fri night I painted window sills while he rested on the couch. He's working like a dog at work and at home(s) so I didn't blame him at all. I spent two hours on window frames (a total of four windows). Pain in my beehind. I always think that I can get away with one coat, but that is not the case. I had to paint again Saturday, and we put up the blinds today. Lordy.

He of course got much more tangible stuff done than me. One thing I did was wash the dining room ceiling. NASTY. I have to do the living room next. The last people fried all the time. YUCK. Did I tell you of the droplets of grease on the bottom of the window frame? I think I might have, but hey, let me say it again because it was sooo disgusting.

I should go wash the living room now. I had someone call last week who will be in town this week and wants to see the place. I'd at least like to have the living room ceiling painted. In part to hide the patchwork from the hole from when the bathroom was done.

OK, I hope everyone's weekend was great. Gotta go take advantage of this sugar rush!

6 comments:

Mel said...

Oh....I washed walls in the kitchen. OMG....and we don't fry that often!

O
M
G

Tara said...

I bought macaroni and cheese made with multi-grain pasta. I'm getting old too. Haven't tried the stuff yet, though.

Churlita said...

I still haven't finished my cupboards. That's my big project that HAS to get done this week. Wish me luck. At some point,I'm going to have to get rid of my horrible popcorn ceiling with dirtsicles hanging from it in the kitchen, but I'm putting that off.

Pamela said...

Mel, yes. GROSS.

Multigrain pasta is actually good if you buy the right brand.

Wishing you luck that the cupboards are completed. Yucky popcorn ceiling. Beware though - it often hides issues and do you want to find the issues out? Spray it with TSP solution and let it all drip down. Ew.

laura b. said...

When I read about your weekends I feel exhausted!
I bet your house is looking amazing.

Ananda girl said...

Sounds like you guys are making great progress. A good team!

As for the drips...ick!