Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year!

Happy New Year!  2013, what a concept.

I had a very nice time back east. My nieces are so grown up!!! Especially the younger one. They both are beauties, in different ways.  And well, my mom. She had a rough time when we were first there. She was getting confused about who was who - called me a boy occasionally (looking at photos) and I also came to be known as 'the one who doesn't visit very often'. Sigh. Of course one brother built on that and said it's been 15 years! She had enough presence of mind at one point to know that was not true. So, she had her ups and downs. When she's up, I feel bad that she's now in memory care - she doesn't seem to belong. When she's down, I'm glad she's there. It's so hard. And makes me scared for my future. I have to look into long term health care insurance.  Either that or move to Oregon before I get too old.

I worked at a temp job before I left - way below my abilities and so they loved me (wait, did I already write that?). They asked for me back, and now they've offered me a job. Offered to let me define what it will be. Selling it to me. I feel like there's a little devil there... 'take me' - excellent benefits but not at all related to my career . I applied for another job that is much more suited to my career and have an interview on the 15th, and don't feel I can make a decision before then. But I might end up working there. There are worse things in life!!!

So, I looked and I had already written about most of that, oh well. New news is that I had a really nice gift for M that I did with his sister. I ran into the UPS man on the street on the way to the UPS store. I asked him if I should go to UPS or USPS. He said USPS. So I went. Insured. And found out that insured does not mean tracking, since it never arrived. PIMFA!!!! So sad. What sucks almost worse is that there's intellectual property of mine that someone now has. CRAP.

OK, I wanted to write longer, but I'm going to go get advice from people on my job stuff. Or at least get some ideas. Though I do already know what my way forward is. So, there.

5 comments:

3GKnight said...

Happy New Year to you too! Hope the job prospects finally grow some roots for you. Good luck!

silly rabbit said...

Oh good luck with the interview and making your choice about the other offer!
I have a dear friend who is going through the same thing with her mother. It is so hard. I don't know you you both stay so strong. I admire that.
I'm so happy to be able to drop in again on blogs. Yay! I have missed you!

Susan said...

Happy new year! I hope you have a great interview and achieve the desired result!

laura b. said...

I'm glad you were able to have a nice visit with your family before plunging into the job fray again.

I can't believe the USPS can't hunt down your package! That's awful.

Thinking good thoughts are you move forward :)

Tara said...

Happy New Year!!