Monday, March 30, 2009

Sweaty yoga

Yesterday I did sweaty yoga. Have you ever done it? 105 degree room, 40% humidity, posing. I was honestly quite scared of it - I thought for sure I would pass out. But I didn't, and only had to take 2 breaks. But man, I must have sweat at least a quart of liquid. Gallon? I can't see getting addicted to it. By the end of the day yesterday I was wiped, and not in a good way. I'll try it once more next Sat (a week pass was $5 more than the day pass) and give it one last shot. Then I'll move back to regular yoga, which I have determined to start up again after seeing my friend practice it at home and how strong/together she is.

Image from Boogiewoogie India.

6 comments:

Susan said...

This does not sound enjoyable in the slightest to me. Yoga in general has never been my thing, though, so that might have an effect on my interested in it.

Squirrel said...

Tried it once. Not a fan. It was a hot, humid day in August, and the teacher used space heaters to make it even hotter. I was sweating so much I thought I was going to slip off of my mat.

Pamela said...

Yeah, susan, I didn't think so either, but figured I should try it since there are so many devotees.

Yeah, Squirrel, as I was in there I wondered what it would be like when the day outside was similar to what was inside...

I must say though, it was nice to get the scented refrigerated towel at the end.

Churlita said...

I'll just stick to sweaty running in the Iowa Summer. I've never done Yoga. I don't think it's my thing. There's probably a little too much discipline involved and I like to do my own thing. Right now, running meets all my meditative needs.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

soundfs like the fever i had all last week 104

laura b. said...

I like yoga, but I've never done bikram. I kind of like getting sweaty, so I may have to at least try it sometime.