Friday, June 24, 2011

Two new recipes

Hi there - I'm cookin'
Inspired and making some stuff up.
I haven't been so much recently because M's taste in food is so different than mine and it's been disheartening. So I'm learning to adapt somewhat.


Name: Pork You
(Amounts approximate.)

Thin sliced boneless pork chops. (3) Cut into 3/8 inch slices.
Cover with/toss with:
1 to 1.5 TB light honey
3 TB lemon juice
1/4-1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/4-1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (finely chocpped to almost paste)
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground white pepper.

Cook until browned and caramelized. (little bit of olive oil)


Chipapriggplant
(amounts approximate)

2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1 inch to 3/4 inch slices
1 TB olive oil
1 TB paprika
balsamic vinegar
white wine

1 small-ish eggplant (regular, not japanese or those little round ones) cut into 1 inch (ish) squares (take most/all of skin off)
1/4 c olive oil (less?)

Prepare eggplant ahead of time (even day before). Cook it until soft.
Throw chicken in pan (med - med high) and cook (perhaps until 3/4 done). Throw in 1 TB balsamic vinegar. Stir and let sizzle off. Do once more - letting it almost burn.
Throw in paprika and stir. Now it gets a little complicated because the paprika is more likely to really burn (but note during this I did smell it burning but it came out ok). 1 TB balsamic vinegar again and 1/4 cup white wine. Stir some, let go down to stick to pan again. A little more vinegar, and a tiny bit more wine. Until it's brown and covered with goo.
Stir in eggplant and cook one or two minutes.
(let me note here that honestly the chicken smelled a bit gross. but with the eggplant it was perfect! so do not despair)

Serve with coos coos with cooked squash if you'd like (that's what I did).

4 comments:

silly rabbit said...

Those sound divine! LOL on the name "Pork You". I'm going to try that one tonight.

The man has some funny ideas about food. He likes most of what I cook, but has a list of regular meals that he wants over and over that are not on my list of "keeper" meals. They tend to be easy make meals that lack the fresh veggies that I crave. But boy can he barbecue!

Tara said...

That pork recipe sounds interesting! I'd like to find out how that one tastes.

Thanks for the recipes!

Mel said...

*laughing*

I was all about the chicken one til eggplant happened.

But I'm sure himself would be interested in having a go at the porkchopy one!

laura b. said...

How do yours and M's tastes differ?

Anyway, these two sound like things that most omnivores would like :)