Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Memories of Easter


I was reading about someone's memorable moment regarding a restaurant in a magazine and I remembered myself a long time ago. My family had a tradition, and actually still does, of going out for breakfast or brunch Easter morning. When we were kids, it would be after we found out what the Easter bunny brought. (BTW, my mom still has a note I wrote when I was small, saying that the Easter bunny didn't need to bring me much since I knew how much candy cost - even at a young age I was aware of money.)

Well, one year after breakfast out, we all trooped out of the restaurant. I was the last in line, and I couldn't understand why all these people left money on their tables! Being the thrifty child I was, I picked it all up, since it was laying there, it was fair game, right? When we got outside I showed my mom. Needless to say, I get kidded about it almost every year.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Cute story! Why didn't I think of collecting that money when I was a kid? Huh!

The best part of our Easter tradition was looking for our hidden baskets and discovering that they were filled with all sorts of goodies. Oh and there was always a trail of jelly beans from our bedrooms down to the living room. We had our dog eat up the trail. She never resisted.

Churlita said...

Hey, if they didn't want you to take it, they shouldn't leave it lying around. That is so cute.

Anonymous said...

That;s OK when you are little. I do not think it would go over as well now. People would not say, "aw, isn't that the cutest!"

Seriously, cute story.