Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quirk is as Quirk does

Here are the rules:1. link the person who tagged you, Tera. 2. mention the rules in your blog…3. tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours4. tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

1. I have a thing for plastic bags. I cannot throw them away, because there's ALWAYS a use to be found for them. When my husband and I moved into our house, at our old townhouse he found the various places in the house that I had hidden plastic bags so he wouldn't find them and throw them away. I haven't heard the end of it, and never will. I have ONCE put a bag of plastic bags in the plastic bag recycling bin at the supermarket, but they were all bags that were ripped and had no other use that I could think of.

2. For the most part, I have the stomach of a goat. I eat food that is somewhat marginal and I'm usually ok. I was obviously distracted Monday night by something that made me eat something that was beyond marginal, and even today I am eating white rice for lunch. So, on second thought, maybe it wasn't the food... And let me tell you, I like farting, mind you, but when white rice and applesauce cause the amount of gas I'm producing, I'm even getting sick of it!

3. I do not like dogs licking me in the face.

4. I do like licking guys in the face, specifically the nose. Not random guys - boyfriend or equivalent.

5. I have the same middle name as my mother who has the same middle name as her mother, except my mother uses her mother's first name as her middle name even though legally it's the same as mine. If I had a little girl, my middle name would be her first name and I would if I could make my mom's first name her middle name.

6. Cher and I are twins separated at birth and I kinda like it. Though damn her for getting Sonny first.

Tag: EvilE, Squirrel, Heather, Eslocura, G, WNG (I know some are repeats, and I know Es has much bigger things on her mind, but maybe it might be a way to get back into blogging later...)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me...I will try and squeeze this in. Problem being, I want to leave my "editorial" up on top for a day or two because I think it will get responses. I might defer until Sunday..is that OK?

I hate when dogs lick me in general...I do like when chickies lick me though!!!

NoRegrets said...

Sorry EE, you will burn in hell....

Anonymous said...

The welcome mat has been laid out for me for years there. I cannot wait to get back home!!

Tara said...

I save plastic bags too! They're all in a big brown bag in the closet in my hallway. There's always a use for them.

Unknown said...

Well, you took two of mine, so I should only have to do four. Right?


Ok - fine...I'll do all six, but I'm warning you that my entire life is one big quirk, so...

NoRegrets said...

Tara, how big is your brown bag? and how squished in are the bags? Just wondering to what extent you save - whether it's as much as me...

WNG - I knew the Q in front of WNG was silent, and now I know what it stands for.

laura b. said...

I used to have ridiculous amounts of plastic bags, but now I have a big collection of the cloth reusables that I haul around to stores with me. Go green! ;-)

I am accustomed the whole using and reusing family name things. My ex's family has, like, three or four names that they just keep reusing...

Churlita said...

I have tons of plastic bags. i'm a fiend of a recycler/reuser. Both my daguhters' middle names are some form of mine and my ex's mom's first name. Does that make sense?

NoRegrets said...

Laura, must be convenient if someone needs something! Just yell a name and someone will come running.

Churlita, well, kinda not really, but I'll trust that it makes sense to you. :-)

Tera said...

I don't like anyone nor anything licking me in the face.

Is anyone else even the slightest bit confused when Tara with an "a" comments while Tera with an "e" does...it doesn't work well while drinking.

NoRegrets said...

I always get confused, until I read the comment itself and realize there's no way Tara would say would Tera says! :-)

Tera said...

NoR~LMAO!!! I don't know if that's a good or bad thing?! You are hilarious!