Thursday, May 8, 2008

Djuju the Mean Black Cloud


I found this in a cookbook I was going to give to the thrift store. I have no idea why it was in there. It's a story I wrote in maybe 6th grade? Catholic school. It's hand written, and I wrote the letters on top of a ruler, so all the bottom of the letters are flattened out. I had to share.

Djuju the Mean Black Cloud
Dedication: this is for my teacher, Sister Mary Rose

Djuju was a very mean cloud high in the sky. This is very good since he is so mean. One day Djuju bumped into a small, sweet cloud named Sweetpie. [illustration: mean black cloud, word 'bump!', and small yellow smiling cloud.]

Djuju asked Sweetpie why she rammed into him. At first little Sweetpie was scared but then she got braver. She said, "I did not ram into you!" Djuju almost kicked Sweetpie but she got away in time. After that nobody went up high.

So after a long long time Djuju asked God if he could become younger and float down. God told Djuju that he would let him go down if he would do one kind thing. Djuju promised he would.

So God made Djuju a white rain cloud to see if he could handle it. So Djuju found a place where it hadn't rained for years and he gave them a long Spring shower.

After that Djuju made up with Sweetpie and he married her. They lived happily ever after with their children.


(Of course, being in 6th grade, little did I know that if he gave them a long shower, likely it caused mudslides and much death, but hey, at least his intentions were good. And you can see I learned brownnosing at an early age - dedicate it to the teacher and you get an A. Little did she know I likely got my inspiration for Djuju from her.)

11 comments:

Ami said...

Thanks for commenting so often this week. I really appreciate it. I'm only planning to count one comment per commenter per day, so you're welcome to comment all you want, but only one per day will count toward the total...although at this rate, I may take multiple comments to get to that 100 mark!

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

I'm feeling this post ;-)

Susan said...

I now need to write "Uni-The Mean Black Pile of Dung Bossy Pants"...

It must be one of those work days..

Tera said...

I had a comment until I saw Susan's...I can't stop laughing!!!

Great story NoR! Bwaaaahahahahaha!

Unknown said...

I really want to read that Susan, I'm intrigued...

Tara said...

Or maybe the rain cloud showered the places that have been having wild fire problems, and he saved millions of homes! You were ahead of your time! That is so cool, I would've given you an "A" too. An "A+" even.

Wow, Sweetpie married him just after he made up with her? Must've been some apology! ;)

Churlita said...

How cute. I wish I still had some of the stories I wrote when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

I have to look for some of my more inspired child works one day.

That was nicely done on the brown-nosing you apple polishing toady.

I did like the little story as well.

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

This was the perfect story on this rainy day, now I wish our rain clouds would marry the sun clouds and go away.

lv2scpbk said...

It fits in good for the word pink this week for scavenger hunt.

NoRegrets said...

Hi y'all, including mr. pimp, glad you liked my inspired child work.

tera, I like it better when you LYAO...but, indeed, it's still good to see you laughing.

And, I have this because I've been carting it around for years! whew...

and thanks for visiting lv2scpbk, but, can you explain how it fits with pink? you mean my background?