Sunday, May 11, 2008

Saturday Scavenger Hunt - Pink

Yes, I know this is really brick red. BUT, this is a brick I found on the shore of whatever great lake hits Indiana. I was visiting a friend in Chicago a long while back, and we went walking along the shore of the lake. As you can see, it had been in the water a while - so long that it smoothed out all the edges. I took it, brought it home, and found out that it's great for sloughing off dead skin. So, periodically I used it, and anywhere I've used it, my skin turns PINK. I love it and hope to never lose it.

UPDATED: I was tagged AGAIN - thanks NotFainthearted whose blog I cannot comment on because I don't have an open ID and don't know how to get one. Anyway, I wanted to pick a word that started with a letter that hadn't been used, so here you go: zephyr.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's Lake Michigan. I have family out in Indiana, and last time I went to visit they took me to Lake Michigan.

Ami said...

Thanks for your comment support this week. I made my donations today!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the word. I guess scraping yourself with a rock would make you all pink.

Not Fainthearted said...

Nice job on the word. I'm tagging you for next week's word. :D

Cricket said...

Cool 'rock' - love the weathering. It's amazing how many things are pink. I learned something this weekend.

Tara said...

I used to love picking up glass and rocks that were smoothed down by the water. We used to live near Lake Erie. Still do, but farther south in the same state.

NoRegrets said...

Hi all! thanks for visiting!

Churlita said...

I love rocks, so I love this pic. It's pink enough and plus your blog is all pink so that should work too.

laura b. said...

I think that smooth brick is definitely pinkish...plus it is both cool looking and useful!

Zephyr? Nice! We're really going to have to put our thinking caps on for that one!