Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In all fairness

Both my husband and I are trying very hard to get through this difficult time. He's been great at adapting and dealing, and overall he really is a wonderful man. Just not the man for me. Someone asked me how I'd feel if I saw him with a woman at the gym, and knew he was dating someone. I'd actually be very excited for him. I doubt it would be the reverse, but that's the reality when one person wants the divorce and the other doesn't. We had more arguments last night, and they were money related, but I'm sure we'll work them out. We've both learned to back down and regroup to come back less angry. And we both care about the other, so it'll all work out somehow.

Of course, my mom just gave me a heart attack because she looked at the listing my realtor had sent me, and it was from when the current owner bought it in 2006, which I forgot, and my mom asked if I had gotten it because it said sold. I about had a heart attack and was ready to strangle my husband, but thankfully it's ok...for now at least...

7 comments:

Vlad Steven said...

Yes. Only 33. =P

Churlita said...

This is the hardest part. it gets easier and easier as time passes. Good luck for the next few little whiles.

Susan said...

You'll get the house. I have a feeling. :)

NoRegrets said...

Thanks Churlita. I needed that.
And Susan, you JINXED me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Everything works out as long as silly emotion does not cloud good thinking.

Keep your heads and all will be fine in the end.

NoRegrets said...

"silly emotion" :-)

Tera said...

I'm glad that some folks can act like civilized adults in these instances. And no more heart attacks for you Missy!