Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Old flames

Just saw Exhibit A, who is now married. I sorta pride myself in being able to stay friends or at least acquaintances with people I've had some sort of relationship with (or something with). But it can be odd if you think about it too much, like if you go back in time and remember things you did with the person and/or how you felt. Luckily it's in my genes at least to be able to move on and step away from the past. I'm kinda sad that my ex said that we'd likely never see each other again (was reminded when it was my birthday). I'd like at least to be able to send a Christmas card, and I just might. Whatever - he can throw it away and I won't even know. On the other hand, it's kinda quite ok, because I've moved on. But it's still sad.

6 comments:

laura b. said...

Even when everyone's moved on, it seems understandable to still have some sort of lingering attachment to someone who was once yours (or something like that).

Mel said...

Yup--what she said......

It's one of those things that we each find our own way to deal.

Tara said...

A Christmas card here, a birthday card there doesn't hurt. I just sent a birthday card to an acquaintance. I can't expect him to respond to it, but I wanted to send it, so it's a done deal.

Tera said...

Wow NoR, I admire you. I have a couple of ex's that I'm cool with, but there is 1 or 2....well, let's just leave it at that!

Churlita said...

I'm friends with all of my exes except the abusive ones. It's usually tough at first, but after a while, when you don't care anymore, it's totally fine.

NoRegrets said...

Laura - mine mine mine!
Mel, yes.
Tara, I agree.
Tera-well, sometimes it can be stupid actually.
Churlita, I used to try and be friends even with the abusive ones. How stupid is that??