Monday, June 18, 2007

Albums that are great as a whole - List I


Of course, I'm dating myself by just writing the word album, but oh well...

I've been thinking about this a bit, as I drive around a lot and want albums that I can just stick in and let them go and enjoy 95-100% of it, since I don't have a 6 CD changer, sigh, that my brother just got in his car. And no ipod (yet). Each of these has a different mood, but again, they work as a whole, at least for me.

Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues
Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell
Led Zepplin - III (though I usually don't listen to song 1)
Melissa Ethridge - [title]

This is just the start of the list. Fisherman's Blues is a great to listen to while having sex. Bat out of Hell is great for letting go of emotion when you feel you are about to explode. It's like a roller coaster - you scream on the first song, then calm down a bit, then scream more, etc. It's very therapeutic. I think someone actually wrote about that somewhere. III is just a great rockin' album, with even a banjo in one song, so it has to be good. Melissa Ethridge's is just very poignant - when the love of your life goes bad - but so well sung.

No comments: