Monday, August 24, 2009

Dream

I woke up early and was really upset. Crying. My mom and dad were in the other room watching tv. I looked into the mirror and my face was all broken out along the line of my hair - it was reacting to some conditioner or something. Then all of a sudden I'm in a conference center, still crying, and trying to find a bathroom. I end up in this area that people know me, and all I want to do is pee and leave. Still crying. For some reason I had a plate with ketchup on it, and some fell to the floor. I accidentally brushed some woman and she had cat hair on her and then some dust. I picked up a piece of material nearby to pick up the ketchup and the woman asks me for money to dry clean her shirt. And I told her to fuck off. Still crying. I brought the material to the front desk, and it turns out it was someone's sweater. I felt really bad and told the guy I'd give my number so whoever owned it could get money from me. He gave me a piece of paper and asked me to write down my number. In the dream I couldn't think of my number. Had a really hard time. Finally did it. Walking down the street crying, there were people about. The police were stopping people to test for alcohol and they stopped me because my eyes were so red, and they wouldn't listen to me. So I waited, and I chomped down, and broke a tooth. I tried getting it out, and more and more pieces of teeth came out. Then my mouth was full of broken teeth. So the police thought I was a terrorist, and went to test me immediately. I told him I had recently upped my lamictal meds, and he said ahhh... In the background a guy on a stage was holding up a cochlear implant saying that it was the exact same one Michael Jackson had.

Back to reality: Then the alarm went off. I was exhausted, so I took the bus to work. My lamictal has increased and not sure yet what it's doing. But guess I'm worried about it.

10 comments:

EsLocura said...

after a dream like that I would need a day off : ) hope the day is much better than the nite was. besos

Tara said...

Here's what a dream analysis website says: "To dream that you are crying, signifies a release of negative emotions that is more likely caused by some waking situation rather than the events of the dream itself."

I had a dream that my mom and I were trapped on this freaky roller coaster, and we had to jump off of it because it wouldn't stop.

Susan said...

Yeah I would have been with Es taking a mental health day.

Anonymous said...

very interesting, I OFTEN have dreams of teeth falling out. I just looked it up and it can refer to powerlessness, anxiety. Sound right?
Steph

laura b. said...

That sounds exhausting. It is like you had every anxiety dream convention all rolled into one awful episode.

Pamela said...

Es, well, I couldn't really do that. Thanks. Hope you are well.

Tara, you having emotional ups and downs?

Susan, yeah well...

Anon/Steph (so that's who my anon is!), well, it can mean so many things. Those are pretty good though.

Laura, seriously! I like that - the anxiety dream convention.

Churlita said...

I hate those teeth falling out dreams. Give yourself some relaxation time. Maybe that will help with the dreams.

Ananda girl said...

Yikes! I get things like that when I feel helpless about something. Especially if I know what I should do and don't want to do it.

But that's me. I hope whatever it is goes away quickly. Waking hours are stressful enough. Sleep should be serene.

crazy4coens said...

Wow! I'm sorry. It sounds like you're really sad.

Pamela said...

Churlita, I'm trying. I've had a lot on my plate... And trying to figure out my life to boot.

Ananda - thanks. I'm hoping it all goes away too...

Crazy... sad? Not sure. Guess so. Lots of stuff rumbling around my head.