Thursday, August 27, 2009

giving away

My intention last night was to do nothing. Or almost nothing. But I have such a hard time doing nothing. So, one thing I did was try and get rid of some stuff. Got rid of one thing - my American Sign Lanugage books/tapes. And felt really good about it because the person who picked them up has foster children, and a person who helps out in the house who is deaf, so they can really use them. Instead of sitting in my basement doing nothing. So, yay! It counterbalanced the people who said they'd come and didn't.

5 comments:

AlienCG said...

It's always a good thing to give stuff away to somebody who will use them. Good to hear that they are no longer sitting in the basement being of no use to anybody.

The real me is now on Facebook.

laura b. said...

It is great to know something you have no use for is not, in face, useless.
I never seem to struggle with doing nothing at all :-D

Ananda girl said...

It does feel good to find the right home for the right thing.

As for doing nothing... I'm very good at it. Keep trying... you'll get better. ;)

Tara said...

Hey I have a textbook on American Sign Language! Haven't used that since college - the only reason I brought it out was to take a photo of it for a Saturday Scavenger Shot word. Thanks for the idea, not sure why I didn't think of that already.

Churlita said...

Nice to have someone using stuff you're not. It's also nice to have it out of your house.