Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Days on market:: 2

Well friends, seems like low interest rates combined with great presentation and excellent location make for a bidding war. I am not kidding. Unbelievable. I'm still in shock.

Met with my realtor last night and had FIVE offers, all of them starting at asking price with escalation clauses and only one asking for buyer's assistance. And even one 'puppy dog' letter (as termed by my realtor) - the woman whose husband just died of cancer and the yard would be perfect for her dog, etc. I so wanted to go for her, but went instead for the guy who had the highest price, the most excellent credit, (and he's getting 4.75% financing!!!), etc. - who actually so sounds like a clone of my ex husband.

M of course was very excited, glad that he shares in the fruit of all his labor, and I think a tiny little bit miffed that mine is going so quickly - though he is quick to acknowledge that location location location is very important. He didn't see the smile on my face when I looked at the comparison table my realtor made and it started sinking in, and wonders why my voice isn't alive with pleasure.

It's part of my nature and maybe I'll learn new behavior and maybe not. I want to make sure I know what might go wrong and figure out how to mitigate it ahead of time. Yes, I need to stop and take time to celebrate. And also not worry about things I can't control or aren't here yet (such as, and ok, this is funny in a sad way - since the buyer is a single man all of a sudden it came into my head that he could be a registered sex offender and started searching for his name because my neighbors all have kids. Crazy, right? I think so! I got over it though.)

It was also weird since my realtor is 3 houses away from my ex's and my place. To see that house on the hill, and think of the transition. And the moving on. I still haven't decided if I should see him before I go. I want to and I don't want to. I'll figure that out though.

And now the rest of the games begin: inspection, appraisal and all that good stuff. I've never been through this, so it's a little nerve-wracking. But will all hopefully work out in the end. And the long term celebration will start - a new life in CA!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, that's great that you got five offers so soon, and that you have a buyer in mind! Good luck with the rest of the process! I hope the inspection and everything else goes smoothly.

Churlita said...

Woooooo Hoooo! I have a feeling the rest will all go swimmingly.

laura b. said...

You put it in a lot of time and effort. I am so glad it is paying off. Congratulations :-)

Mel said...

k....I'm grinning wildly. LOL Perseverance pays off AGAIN! Woooohooooo!!!

Well done!
Here's hoping you seal the deal without snags.

Ananda girl said...

You are on a roll!!! I know this will work out for you. But I understand your caution as well.

To say good bye to the ex or not... its a tricky question. Please advise me when you figure it out. Weird feeling isn't it?

NoRegrets said...

Tara, it's heaven sent because I cannot keep my place clean for that long! You shoudl see it now.

Churlita, I hope so.

Laura, yes. yes indeed.

Mel- hopefully it pays off! Thanks, crossing fingers.

Ananda - yes, I keep waffling. His latest email - you know we'll never see each other again. Sigh.