Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A breath of fresh air




Almost heaven - West Virginia. Took a day off to head out to say goodbye to one of my favorite climbing haunts. Left 'late' Sunday, drove out, did one climb (a 5.5 and very nice), went to dinner/bluegrass, slept on the floor of the other two friends' room, and left 6:15 am Monday morning (two of them pop up at 6 and are ready in 5 minutes to go. the other two of us groan a little but get up). It was so nice to get away. Freeing. Bringing my energy back. And my friend drove the whole time - I love people who love to do that. OK, sometimes I like to drive, but this time around it was perfect. Beautiful views, good music. Well, except for the bluegrass Sat night. The first band was ok, but the most interesting part was the woman's farmer slut outfit (short skirt, cowboy boots, red checked see through blouse with a black bra, and pigtails). The second band hurt. They weren't horrible - five band members and all could play - but they just didn't work well together. And I felt so bad that the sound SUCKED. Really badly. To the point of some feedback. BAD. Luckily none of my friends wanted/needed to stay the whole time.

I was out of telephone range, but I got back and had a message that I had one offer, and was expecting another. !!!!!!!!!! I will have to respond today to whatever offer(s) are there. Makes one think that I priced too low, but we'll see what the offer is! Whew.

OK, though I am unemployed, I have to run. Dr.'s appn't and dropping off donated stuff, and sending out resume, and so on... Will read blogs later... Hope everyone is well!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I'm glad you were able to go climbing. Love the photos!

Ananda girl said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

I can't wait to be unemployed. ;-)

Good luck with the offers... I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Churlita said...

Those are amazing photos. It would be hard to say goodbye to that, if you weren't moving someplace just as beautiful.

Mel said...

Oh, just beautiful...'zactly what the doctor ordered! :-)