Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Self


This is a shadow of my former self (this past weekend).

I was not chosen to move to the second stage of interviews. My mother's voice rings in my head, though I can't recall the exact words, it's something like 'I guess it wasn't meant to be. Something else will come along.' I'm glad it's there, and I'm sure it's true, but I must acknowledge that I am disheartened, demoralized, and generally sad.

It's the first bite I've had in 8 months. Yes, it's good to have had a bite in this economy. But I guess I never thought I would be impacted like all those other people. Ha! I am indeed like other people.

So, I keep looking.

8 comments:

laura b. said...

I'm sorry to hear that, NoR. The voices are right, of course, but small consolation I know.
And I mean this in a good way...you are not like other people :-)

Tera said...

Laura, once again you took the words right out of my mouth...err my typing...uhh...what? Sigh Anyways NoR...sending positive thoughts your way girlie!

Squirrel said...

Sorry you didn't make it to round 2, but laura is right, you are not like other people!

Squirrel said...

And I, too, mean that in the best of ways.

Susan said...

You will find the right job, when the time is right.

NoRegrets said...

Thanks Laura...
Well, thanks, but with respect to being affected by the economy, I certainly am.

Thanks Tera, and Squirrel.

Susan, I hope so! Perhaps the right job will be cashier at McDonald's? Greeter for Walmart when I'm 60? ;-)

Churlita said...

Drag. I hope the next job is even better for you and that you get it.

Mel said...

My step-mother would tell me "must be something better coming along then". I rolled my eyes when her back was turned. LOL But I do have to say--she was correct.

Fine.
I take the eyerolling back! :-/