Monday, July 25, 2011

Rocky Mountain High



Sorry I didn't respond on Tuesday or update my status. I felt better after I took a nap in the afternoon. I just needed that to relax I guess.

I took a photo of where I was and what a wonderful view for a meeting. I'll get that up next time. Two of us however got altitude sickness. It was not pleasant. At least mine became better after the first night - the other person had to leave and go down to lower altitude she was so sick. And she felt better within two hours.

Saw an old dear friend after the meeting. I have known her for 30 years! Amazing. I read what I wrote in the high school yearbook - I was quite eloquent. And in there I also wrote that I'll never forget the time I made her cry. And, um, I forget.

So, this week is crazy as I leave Thursday for NJ to do the moving reconstruction cleaning blitz. I hope to check people's blogs but may not be able/willing to comment as I have to sign in with my other account and haven't trusted to do that. So, take care and be safe and have fun and all that.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

I've never had altitude sickness. It sounds awful.
I hope all the stuff with your mom goes well. Take good care of yourself, too.

silly rabbit said...

Yikes! Well no wonder you needed the rest. Good luck in NJ. Blog world will be here when you get back.

Tara said...

I love the nice, clear shot of that leaf!

Ugh, I'm sorry you had altitude sickness. My sister-in-law had it once, a long time ago, but I don't know how long it took her to recover. I'm glad you felt better the next day.

Mel said...

Oh, there's one I'd like to pass on tyvm.

Have a safe journey and a good time. And remember, rest when weary.