Saturday, November 22, 2008

Anti-supercali...

Hi there - exhausted. Lying in bed, ready to sleep. Still have 1.5 more days to go. Biggest news is that some idiot stole 3 laptops from our supposedly secure business space in the hotel. I say idiot because there's security cameras and since they had a window of time to review, they have a photo. Worst part of it was one computer was my boss' personal one. She's working on her PhD and working full time, and going almost nuts, and lost much work when the computer disappeared. So she's home taking care of that business, while I cover for her with the other business.

I'll promise to do the scavenger hunt when I have a brain. Can I choose Cricket to choose the next word or is she not playing?

8 comments:

Mel said...

O
M
G

k....not smart on the thief's part..but still....

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I hope you find who it is and string this person up just for the fun of it.

Tara said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about the theft! And your poor boss! I'd be totally losing it if all of my work was stolen.

The CEO said...

I really hope your boss had a backup of her work somewhere else. I mean I'm praying for it.

Churlita said...

That sucks. I hate thieves. You rest. We'll check out your take on the word later.

NoRegrets said...

I have yet to hear the full story, but apparently my boss' computer was obtained, of course after she had already done a ton of work to redo all she had lost. And it's so suspicious because that's the only computer that the hotel paid for out of pocket, and how convenient that that one was returned.

laura b. said...

Yikes...an inside job?

I think Cricket would like to be tagged!

Suzanne said...

This is my paranoid fear - that I'll lose my writing if my laptop is stolen. I back everything up on a 4 g flashdrive as a result. And often email copies of the documents to myself. Man, that sucks.