Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude

Not only is tomorrow Thanksgiving Day but k_sra also chose the word gratitude for the scavenger hunt. I will have to provide photos later, but I did want to express my gratitude for the following:
- my family
- my friends, both in flesh and virtual
- my boyfriends/partners/fuckbuddies
- my doctors/therapist/trainer who help keep me together
- my colleagues
- my cat (! yes, even him)
And for all the blessings I have been given in terms of luck and intelligence and capability and perseverance.

Have a wonderful holiday, and if you need assistance during these lean, hard times, do not be afraid to ask for it. You are responsible for creating your luck and your present and your future. As I told my doorman friend when he said he wasn't going anywhere for Thanksgiving, and had nothing to do for the weekend, create a life for yourself! Either that, or be happy with bending over and letting circumstances or life fuck you over. (I really told him that - how sweet am I?)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm meeting up with a fuckbuddy tonight...thank you for reminding me to thank him. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

NoRegrets said...

Oh, I hope you have MUCH to tahnk him for!

Churlita said...

You are so right. It took me years to stop "letting things happen to me". I'm so happy in general and usually whether by myself or out being social, I'm happy either way.

When I was younger, I had some bad holidays, but then I said funk it, and started hosting orphan Thanksgivings and Christmases for whomever wanted to show and they were awesome. Maybe your doorman friend could do something like that.

The CEO said...

I'm hoping to get lucky later myself.

Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you too!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

we always have the strays here for the holidays.. Which is fine in some respects.. But they too need to make life happen for themselves.. I think that too often people are afraid to step outside their little world to see that there is so much to be grateful for..

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bobby said...

Happy holidays. It does come from within, doesn't it.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

happy napppy thanks stealing folk

Mel said...

Oh--but I hope you had wonderful adventures on Thanksgiving....

:-)

laura b. said...

I was making my own little list of gratitude and it made me feel great. All these gifts!
And that was some good advice for your doorman friend.

Tara said...

A very good and true list of things to be grateful for - especially family, friends and your cat. Gotta include the family pet, they listen without interrupting, welcome us when we come home (unless they're napping)..etc.

NoRegrets said...

Churlita, I know he's going through a rough time and he needs time to get to that space. I am not always the most patient person, either wiht myself or other people when it comes to such stuff.

Monty - I hope you did.

Mrs - it is indeed nice to feed strays. :-)

Laura and Tara - yes, such lists are good. And Laura, we'll see if he listens...
Bobby, yes it does.

Mel - oh the adventures I have had!