Friday, January 18, 2008
Again with the grab bag
Things I fear I'll never understand:
- Why sometimes when I'm streaming it'll still be streaming but the sounds cuts off.
- Why I always feel the need to cross my leg when sitting at my desk, despite the fact that I have a foot rest so I can sit the ergonomically correct way.
A really horrible thing to do which I would never do but thought it funny nonetheless:
- Collect my unopenable pistachios and give them to a homeless person begging for food.
There's a limit to how long I can work nonstop at a frantic pace with extra hours. I reached that Tuesday night, and have been trying to make it through the week at work getting stuff done despite not wanting to do anything.
Goals for the weekend:
- watch the playoff games
- finally clean up the damn house
- get the wallpaper crap off the kitchen walls so I can paint
- collect info/photos so I can do a Zimbabwe week on the blog
Speaking of wallpaper crap. There's one of those strips along the top of the walls. It is so not me, and the paint job in the kitchen is horrible anyway, so I started dealing with it. Last weekend I learned something. I got the implements to break up the glue on the wallpaper - a circular thing that cuts holes in it, and the evil liquid to put on it. I put the evil liquid on once, and it says to do it 15 minutes later. Which I did. What I didn't think about was that the intent is to scrap it off that day, after the second application. Because lo and behold, when I went to do some Tuesday night to get out some aggression, it was like I hadn't done anything! Duh.