Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dream

So, last night I had a dream in which, among other things, we were looking for a restaurant and there was one called the Irish Pub but it was serving Polish food. Bizzare. I'm not interpreting that bit.

But I did have a vivid piece within this dream. I was sitting with my brother at a picnic table by a body of water. The picnic table was right at the edge, but apparently even more over the water than over the land. He shifted his weight and the table fell in with my feet/legs twisted up in the bottom of the table. I remember being under water with the knowledge that I might drown if I don't get my legs out. But I remained calm so I didn't use all my oxygen, and untangled my feet/legs and popped to the surface.

So, looked up the meaning of drowning. From two sites:
1) To dream that you are drowning, signifies that you are overwhelmed by emotions or repressed issues that is coming back to haunt you. You may be proceeding too quickly in trying to discover your unconscious thoughts and therefore must proceed more cautiously and slowly. If you drown to death, then is refers to an emotional rebirth. If your survive the drowning, then a waking relationship or situation will ultimately survive the turmoil.
2) If water symbolizes the emotions then drowning symbolizes the fear of being overcome by or drowning in these emotions (sometimes it's just that simple).

I'm going with #2. I've had a lot of emotions recently re: me and men, and I'm handling it all pretty well.

4 comments:

heather said...

i hardly ever remember my dreams. i'm not all that sure i'd want to analyze the ones i remember.

Churlita said...

I should have drowning dreams every day then.

NoRegrets said...

Aw Heather, it's fun.... And with google, you can find any explanation that suits your fancy.

Amen to that Churlita.

heather said...

nah, no need to analyze them. most involve gagging j and forcing him to watch grey's anatomy and private practice without making snide remarks for once. no need to analyze that. lol