Friday, September 14, 2007

Not Surprising but Oh So Sad - Zimbabwe

HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) -- Pets are being slaughtered for meat in shortage-stricken Zimbabwe and record numbers of animals have been surrendered to shelters or abandoned by owners no longer able to feed them, animal welfare activists say.

The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said it could not feed surrendered animals or find them new homes and was being forced to kill them and destroy the corpses.

----------
Yeah, the media is blowing the issue up to get ratings, but in this case I don't mind. More attention needs to be paid to what is going on in Zimbabwe and get Mugabe out of there. I have a photo that I recently enlarged of twin boys on a bus out in the rural areas of Zimbabwe - It's so sad to wonder if they are still alive. They would be about 20 years old now.

1 comment:

Tera said...

Wow!

Damn...my word verification is longer than my damned comment!