Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What happens when you bike to work

So, something that happens when you bike to work is that you sometimes forget a key article of clothing. (Actually, most articles of clothing are pretty key at work, so pretty much anything you forget is an issue.) I leave all of my work shoes at work so I never have to worry about that.

Yesterday I forgot my shirt. It just so happens I had a shirt at work that went with what I brought to wear. Whew. But in the past month or two, I've also forgotten my bra, which can be more of an issue, but again, thankfully I'm an A so I can slouch or cross my arms and be sort of ok. (Though to get a smile and a shake of the head out of the receptionist, I did jump up and down in front of her...just to be weird and I suppose exhibitionist) [note to self: I have to bring in other articles of clothing to leave at work just to be safe.]

When I first started biking to work at my very first job after graduate school, the office suite had a shower. Which was GREAT. The only problem was, I have a tendency to run a little behind in the morning. So one morning I finished showering, picked up all my crap, and ran to 'my' office (shared). A few minutes later the Vice President of the company walks in dangling my sweaty underwear between two fingers - "I think these might be yours". Ack! Luckily they were in decent shape. But boy, what dedication she had to pick them up. Or something.

6 comments:

Gyuss Baaltar said...

The only way this story ends better is with "...and then we kissed"

NoRegrets said...

Made me laugh, but also made me cringe...NEVER with this woman. ugh. Though I must say, I think she forgot her underwear every day. She was known amongst us female employees as being the fastest pee-er in the west.

Tera said...

To forget my bra would be a tragedy.

Q said...

I forgot my Toucan Sam codpiece one day. That got me a spankin' from my boss...and then we fel...err kissed.

NoRegrets said...

Q, I'm glad you had a happy end(ing).

NoRegrets said...

Tera, I'm not sure it'd be a tragedy for everyone.