Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Hunt: Rambunctious


I went strawberry picking today, and I'll tell more stories about that, but one thing I like to do when I go strawberry picking is have a hedonistic feast - strawberry shortcake and chocolate strawberries all at once. My friend who just had her ankle replaced really needs company so I did it at her place. Four of us eating tons of cake and whipped cream and chocolate and strawberries. Let's just say, when the sugar high hit, we were all very rambunctious.

8 comments:

laura b. said...

Strawberries, shortcake, whipped cream, and chocolate...the four basic food groups covered. I'd get rambunctious over that too! Yum.

Anonymous said...

Hedonistic feasts are excellent, especially when strawberry shortcake and chocolate strawberries are involved.

NoRegrets said...

I got rambunctious BECAUSE of it... yum...

Yes, Alien, they are.

Squirrel said...

My CSA just opened up their U-Pick strawberry area; I'm going down there with T after yoga tonight to pick our fill. Can't wait! I think I'm going to make ice cream out of some of the pickings.

NoRegrets said...

HEY! OK, you gotta promise me ice cream next time... that sounds great. mmmmm...

Churlita said...

That sounds perfect. I would love to be rambunctious from a hedonistic feast like that.

Squirrel said...

Okay, ice cream next time... no promises that there will be any strawberry left, but I'm sure to have some cockamamie flavour sitting in my freezer.

Tara said...

Oh man that sounds so awesome. I love strawberry shortcake.

PS: Thank you for the tea! I tried it yesterday, but unfortunately it has lost most of its flavor, even after I let it sit for awhile. But thank you for letting me try it!