Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend movie and trespassing

The most exciting thing I did this weekend was see Wolverine. I thought it was a really good movie, but that might have been because I was drooling over Hugh Jackman half the time. Nah, it was fun anyways. I went with my friend M, who had said he would see anything, and didn't complain, but didn't really like it anyway. It made a difference for a few moments, and it was kind of disappointing to not be able to talk about the good parts afterwards, but oh well, it's given me a button to push on him. "See if I ever go to a mainstream movie with you again." "He didn't really want to go." Actually, I did enough of that on Sunday, and it was mildly amusing, so I'll let it go. Funny thing is, he says he wants to go see Star Trek. Not with me baby! My friend P is coming into town specifically so we can see it together Wednesday, and we'll see it in Imax. Woo hoo!

The other thing I did was just go to a friend's house and watch a wheelchair ramp being built. I wanted to do SOMEthing on Sunday since I wasn't going to the party. Female M is getting an ankle replacement Friday and will need the ramp for a while. She shattered her ankle climbing several years ago, and the first attempt at fixing it did not work. Now she's going to be bionic. Next door to her house they are building a monstrosity of a home, and it has no doors, and all my friends like to see the guts of buildings, so we went in. No drywall up yet. THREE electric boxes. I think 5 bathrooms. HUGE windows in the back overlooking the trees. Spiral staircases. And the perfectly good wood they were throwing away...sigh. But it was interesting.

6 comments:

Churlita said...

I haven't seen Wolverine, but I think Star Trek would be really good to see in Imax.

I love looking in the guts of houses.It sounds like a good weekend overall.

Pamela said...

It was indeed overall a good weekend... But too much working so tired.

Susan said...

Now I feel like trespassing.

I'm pretty sure I was enough rule breaker after the whole walking the dog in the park thing.

laura b. said...

Even if I were really wealthy I'm not convinced I'd need a giant house...

Pamela said...

Susan, how was that breaking the rules?

Yeah Laura, it's just so not worth it...

Tara said...

There were a couple droolable characters in that movie - of course Wolverine (ssighhhhh) and I also liked Sabertooth and Gambet...Oh and of course Dominic Monaghan.