Monday, December 8, 2008

Tis the Season

- For snot rockets (biking to work in high 20's temps)
- For cookies in the workroom (I guess leftover from parties)
- For holiday cards (sent a lot out yesterday, with a photo of me on my front stoop. will be a surprise for those who don't know I'm divorced!)
- For salt on the car (got a little snow Sat night)
- For holiday parties (went and helped at my brother's Sat afternoon/evening. glad I had to leave early. nothing worse than a roomful of people who don't know how to socialize)
- For trees and ornaments (was the only snafu of Friday night dinner - us splitting the ornaments. only because we came across 'our first Christmas' one. needless to say neither one of us wanted it, and it bothered him immensely. I gave it away on freecycle)

I'm working on my final post from my vacation. Will likely post tomorrow.

7 comments:

Churlita said...

I walk to work in the cold and I have the same snot problem. Oh, so pretty.

Susan said...

The term "snot rocket" makes me gag.


I'm such a girlie girl.

Tara said...

So far I've been disappointed with the lack of cookies at our office. Maybe I'm the one who should start it all.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with the bike riding in 20 degrees. I am a big baby about even walking in that kind of weather...and yes, I am a native Minnesotan, why do you ask? ;-) So congrats on that anyway.

and, uh, HI! I'm back!

Mel said...

Ah yes........the 'divide' and 'conquer' biz.....*sigh* Been there, done that--ick.

Now COOKIES....there's a better deal! 'Specially if someone else's makin' 'em!

Tera said...

You said snot rockets.

NoRegrets said...

Churlita, I am not a pretty sight half the time.

Susan, sorry.

Tara, go for it!

Hi NOT! Well, when I keep the house at a frigid 58 or so, it makes it easier to go out into the cold.

TERA. Well, technically I wrote it.