Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Candy Bars

An email conversation between me and some computer geek regarding installing some vending machines at the office:

Him to entire staff:
Be careful, you don't want to hire any Goobers to install that thing. You should talk to either Clark, Mr. Big, or Mr. Goodbar on 5th Avenue (but only After Eight) I understand any of them would do it for 100 Grand. One tip: smear a Bit 'O Honey on the floor before sliding it back, otherwise it might Breakaway. If you get it stuck, you might be able to pry it loose with that, um, Whatchamacallit you know, a Wonka Bar.

Me to him:
Oh Henry! Kudos to you for the Mounds of ideas. I've also heard the Girl Scouts have a group, the Junior Mints (leader whose nickname is Peppermint Patty), who will, 'twix and 'tween their cookie selling, be willing to move stuff (they may offer the whole group, but I'd suggest to only Take Five.). Their Payday has traditionally been Friday. Don't pay them too much though! You might get a reputation for being a Sugar Daddy, with tons of Sugar Babies.

11 comments:

Nate said...

those computer geeks are awesome!

NoRegrets said...

And thus, so am I...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Gotta love computer geeks.. very funny stuff....

Susan said...

My conversations are never this interesting with our IT guy.

However, my conversations with our pilot are hilarious.

Churlita said...

So funny. I just sat next to our IT guy (who I love) at a meeting and he got a Britney Spears song stuck in my head. I think your IT guy wins.

NoRegrets said...

Mrs., I thought so too. I was cleaning out my files and found this and thought it worthy to post.

Susan, this was email. Though it would have been even more fun in person.

Churlita, I don't want to know what song because then it would be in mine too...

laura b. said...

Those kinds of conversations are my favorite.

Mel said...

Yup, thinkin' ya stood up well to the geeky guy!

Tells me ya ain't no butterfinger.

<--Snickers-ing

k....g'head and groan....LOL

NoRegrets said...

Laura, mine too. Love nonsense.

Mel, groaned... but good! :-)

The CEO said...

You're a great geek.

Tera said...

That makes me giggle :)