Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What was I writing in Oct 2006?

From my old, never shared with almost anyone, blog.

# posted @ 8:28 AM 0 comments
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Biggest Irony
Sitting in front of the tv watching The Biggest Loser while digging through a big tub of chocolate chip cookie dough picking out the chocolate chips.


# posted @ 8:28 AM 0 comments
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Inflation
Chock Full O' Nuts used to be the better coffee a millionaire's money can't buy. Now it's billionaire. Just heard it on the radio this morning.


# posted @ 6:39 AM 0 comments
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Extrabucks
Being the child of a depression-era mother, I get really excited when I save a lot of money or get a good deal. So, last week, CVS had some eye solution on sale and for each one you bought you would get $4.00 extrabucks back. Since the solution lasts until 2008 usually, and both my husband and I use it, I bought a bunch. I didn't think I bought 18 of them, but maybe I did, since yesterday I got $72 extrabucks back. :-) The employees of the CVS were amazed - it must be a record. So last night I went on a 'shopping spree' and spent all that and more (which is likely what they are counting on), though most of what I bought was on sale.

Yikes, I sound like my mother after grocery shopping...

11 comments:

Susan said...

This is slightly random...


...so you know I love it.


I'm kind of glad I deleted my old blog instead of keeping it all around. It's positively pathetic how much I blogged about Eric on the old one.Hell, it's pretty damned pathetic how much I do on the new one.

The CEO said...

You almost sound like an economist! Did you use all the saline before it expired?

Anonymous said...

do all bloggers have more than one blog? i think i've had 4 or 5. we have serious problems don't we?

NoRegrets said...

Glad you like it Susan. Of course, that was the extent of October, much unlike my current blog which I do at least once a day. I'm glad I didn't delete it...

Monty - Hmm... I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not. ;-). Of course we used it!

Franki - that would be an interesting survey...

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

That is the best part about journaling blogging seeing what you was talking about Willis weeks, months, years ago.

Also helps you keep in perspective how quickly life can and will change!

-OG

Churlita said...

Yea! Some of my old blog is just hideous, but some posts I still really like. I deleted a bunch of posts when I was super paranoid about my boss finding it and I'm sad that I did that instead of just saving them as drafts. Doh.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Got to love a good deal when you see it.. I wish I could get extra money back on stuff..Hope you used all the saline stuff..

heather said...

getting something for next to nothing is a rush and a half. with no lasting side effects other than dwindling storage space and your housemates frustration. :)

i have one other blog that i use to experiment with when i'm trying to learn how to do something or i'm tinkering with the layout but that's it. so far. been kinda thinking about starting another one that is much more secretive about who i am and where i live. but i just don't have the time for it. besides, who the hell would read it but you guys anyway? lol

Squirrel said...

I remember what I was writing in October 2006, and teams of horses and crates of whiskey couldn't drag me back to revisit it.

Well, maybe whiskey.

NoRegrets said...

OG, yes indeed. I think about my life back in 2006...whew.

Churlita - that reminds me I have a draft saved that I need to post sometime.

Mrs... seems I taught them a lesson. After that, they (the company overall) had a cap on the number you could buy.

Heather, since I only had my husband, and he doesn't know where I hid things, all was well. As for the other blog - you could reach out to other people.

Squirrel - hmmm... that reminds me that you still owe me a beer... someday!

Squirrel said...

You know, I was just thinking that a few days ago. You have to let me know when you're in town again.