Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Let them eat pie


Today or tomorrow is my friend's birthday. The one who does my plumbing. He is a self described curmudgeon, so he likes sour things. So I made him a pie (my first here at this house!). It has 'fresh' sour cherries (were fresh, threw them in the freezer a month or two ago), one Stayman apple, and four small Empire apples. No sugar. Oops, about a tablespoon or two of honey. I thought maybe the apples would have enough sugar to counterbalance the cherries, and they might, but likely I'm gonna need the vanilla ice cream. My other friend is making dinner for him/us since her husband is out of town. And we're going to have a threesome. [that was for you Susan] My ex might show up too.

Pitting the cherries one by one tonight, I saw the opening to Obama's half hour infomercial. Sorry, I just didn't want to watch it. I did at one point click by the Spanish station, and he was there too, speaking in Spanish reasonably well, which I thought was great.

Here's the next stage of the kitchen. We're still not sure if the dishwasher works (did I tell you I got it at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore for $40?) because we have to find a way to connect the water. But I love my faucet!

14 comments:

Glamourpuss said...

That pie looks delicious!

Puss

Squirrel said...

"He is a self described curmudgeon, so he likes sour things." I think I'd get along with your friend very well!

Looks like your kitchen is coming together nicely; I like the faucet too, and the sink - porcelain? Gorgeous.

NoRegrets said...

Puss, I think it will be...

Squirrel - oh, bah humbug. I think you make better jokes than he does.
Sink is coated aluminum or something like that. Thermocast. Thanks!! I had to do drop in - couldn't afford the other option.

The CEO said...

The pie does look yummy!

If the ex does show, would that be a foursome? Or a threesome and an observer? Would bridge be possible?
For Susan, naturally.

Squirrel said...

Wow, nothing hotter than turning a threesome into a bridge game because a fourth showed up...

NoR, thanks, but you've never heard me joking or cracking wise IRL; I'm afraid my humour doesn't quite work as well off the screen!

Susan said...

YES!

Tell the ex threesomes are fun but orgies are just cliche! ;)

NoRegrets said...

Monty - HA! Bridge. You know, I've wanted to learn that. Do you play?

Squirrel, yeah, seriously, isn't that hot? sigh...

Susan, will do.

NoRegrets said...

Actually the ex would run away screaming - he wouldn't be able to observe.

Nate said...

Nice use of the ReStore!

Did you know they have the awesomest tech support on the planet?

NoRegrets said...

Wow, must be a hell of a workout biking down there! And dangerous as all hell too.

Churlita said...

MMmmm. Pie.

have fun at the threesome or whatever that turns into.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Yummy looking.. sadly I don't like cherry pie.. but apple is great.. especially with ice cream..

Hope the dishwasher works.. what a great deal..

Mel said...

Ohhhhhh....the faucet if perfect!

Here's hoping the re-washer is the steal it sounds like!

:-)

NoRegrets said...

BTW< it was GREAT!!! One person had 1 piece, 2 had 2 and one had three, and poof it was gone.