Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life goes on

Yesterday I felt like I didn't want to be around anyone.
Today I have to be, since I'm at work.
Life goes on.
My brain still hurts from crying, as do my eyes.
But things are better.
I've been grieving for 6 months so it's no wonder this process is taking less time than I expected.
The grief is still there, but life goes on.

Being the frugal wench that I am, my version of therapy shopping is at Goodwill.
My eyes might hurt since I read an entire book yesterday, which I bought at Goodwill.
The book was The Wedding Day - Kind of a British version of a romance novel.
The moral was to marry who is right for you, not choose according to some rules.
I thought that was a good moral.

I also hacked away at some of my kitchen floor. Destroy. Destroy.
Managed to hit an outlet with a metal thing.
Sparks flew. The outlet died. I didn't.
Resetting the breaker didn't work.
Luckily I have a 'husband' in my friend M, who I can call to ask what to do.

I tried to cancel my training for today.
My trainer is a loudmouth opinionated New Jersey-ite.
We get along well, but I didn't want to hear his shit about my life.
He made me come in.
He made me cry.
But I also go stretched, so it kinda made up for it.

I washed my climbing ropes yesterday.
Dried them outside.
I didn't write about my climbing.
Or show you my bruised legs.
Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to go lie on the floor to ease my full head.

Then I'll get up and life will go on.

8 comments:

Churlita said...

I find that shite comes in waves. It will overwhelm me and then I'll get over it and then I'll get overwhelmed and on and on. Each wave gets a little smaller though and in time, they don't seem quite so overwhelming. It seems like you're functioning well through all of it. You're a strong person.

laura b. said...

Kudos for the frugal retail therapy. Sounds good to me.

And you have the right stuff...life will go on.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Hopefully this won't last too long.. and all the nasty shite will go away.. Life does go on..

Gotta love frugal therapy shopping.. Always helps me...

Mel said...

Life goes on--but really, if I wasn't 'allowed' to indulge in being right where my feet ARE, I think I'd struggle harder to get to where I needed to be.

*HUGE hugs*
Healing is already happening, yaknow....

Glamourpuss said...

It actually sounds like your coping mechanisms are wroking really well. Sure, you feel crappy, but you're doing so well - remember that.

Puss

NoRegrets said...

Churlita, yes, it really is waves. Or a rollercoaster. I'm strong I guess.

Laura-I just hope it goes on in a good way.

Mrs.-yeah, it's not lasting too too long. And is shite an Iowa thing?

Mel, that's what I'm trying to do. Indulge without getting stuck.

Puss, thanks. Right back at ya.

Tera said...

Oh NoR, when you're sad, I'm sad...oh boo hoo! I literally had to watch a couple of my favorite upbeat movies the other day to pull my spirits up...it worked!

NoRegrets said...

Trouble is, my VCR is not set up, so I can't even watch movies. My only choice last night was the debate. ugh. So I went to bed.