Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cats

So, I got approved from the second agency to adopt, but the three that I was interested in, one got adopted, and the other two they think are not appropriate for me (ie, one likes to bolt out the doors, so they want to place her in an apartment building). This agency does a good job of describing the cats and finding good homes for them. It's kind of odd because I'm sort of of the mindset that I shouldn't fight someone else for a cat since that means it has a home, but I have to think of Billy and myself too. So, it's weird. The photo is of Sweetie, who sounds ideal, but she has another application too. And not sure I can go through a rollercoaster like this right now. Yet they want to place a cat with me and will keep sending me ideas. I guess I'll just tell them I need a break when I need it.

8 comments:

Tara said...

What a purrfect name for that cat! I hope you and Billy are able to have another cat stroll into your life soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Susan said...

I could hook you up with two cats that'll surely drive you mad but my dog would be lost without them. I also suppose I might be cold if my cat hat weren't there every night.

Churlita said...

I hope you guys get the perfect cat for you, and that the process isn't too tough on you either.

laura b. said...

It all sounds rather harrowing, but hopefully it ends well with two happy cats and a happy NoRegrets.

Pamela said...

Tara, thanks.
Susan, they might become cat stew if they drive me mad... :-)
Churlita, I may need to put it on hold, we'll see.
Hopefully Laura.

Tera said...

I'm pretty sure I've shared this before, but I will go ahead and repeat....I like ONE "CAT..." that's mine!

Mel said...

I guess I sorta kinda understand their thinking....and sorta kinda don't.

The whole process is bigger than I imagined it would be.

The CEO said...

I guess Billy ought to have a say in this too.