Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Zimbabwe now and then

Maybe you've heard what's been going on in Zimbabwe. Maybe you haven't. Up to 60,000 people now affected by cholera. Food shortages. Economy destroyed.

Well, I want to start showing the Zimbabwe and Zimbabweans that I know and loved. So you see the real people as they can be under a stable government.

A recent photo on CNN.com. What you often see in the media about Africa. Poor dying starving people.



A photo from 1989 when I was there. Healthy, happy, and what they should be.


I want to see the vision come true again.

3 comments:

Churlita said...

So sad. I love the bottom photo you took. Have you been back since?

NoRegrets said...

Nope. Kind of expensive to get there...

NoRegrets said...

Mel, yes. I'll be posting more photos though. Happy photos.