Monday, February 23, 2009

Fickleness of children

Oh how the mighty so quickly fall... From the beloved Ma to 'No Pam'. From wanting to stare out the window to see me arrive, to 'No Pam'. Good thing I've learned to not take it personally (sort of - :-) ). Thing is, how can I compete with an almost 7 year old girl who is kind and pays attention? Can't!

Spent a day with a 7 year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old. And the parents, THANKFULLY, because man, is it exhausting. Despite the fact that Cutiepie's dad is a kid magnet and knows how to play 'Los Tigres' (Tigers) over and over and be attacked by them (see below).


Yes, dear old Titi Pam was second fiddle all around. And it was great to see them playing with each other. If my back were better I would have done the smackdown much more with all of them - I managed to do it a little and it was greatly appreciated (pick them up and 'throw' them on their back in a smackdown squish wrestle move). Kids just want to be thrown around a bit and be a tiny bit scared and make a lot of noise. Do one or all of those, and you're the BEST. That's the secret. Yeah, take it from someone with no kids. :-)

5 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

LOL that was sweet

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Very cute..

laura b. said...

Children are a fickle bunch, for sure...but you know they loves ya :-) Take it from someone with several kids, they love to be tossed around. I was always the mean mommy who didn't rough house.

Churlita said...

That must be why kids like me - I'm usually as immature and hyper as they are. I bet those kids just love when you come and visit.

The CEO said...

Now I know why I am so maladaptive,I never had a babysitter.