Friday, February 20, 2009

Things that are wonderful

- I will sing the praises of my trainer over and over. I've been having this back issue since I tweaked it 2 whole weeks ago. And unfortunately I didn't have my session last week. And I was climbing with one arm and going nuts. So this Wed finally I trained with him, and it made such a huge difference. In part because I know what pain is ok. In part because he knows how to get at what's wrong. And I know that I have to challenge it so it doesn't heal weakly.
- Because of that, I was able to climb last night with both arms - ie for real. I have been going NUTS not being able to climb. And it felt so good.
- If I ever wonder why I'm still doing therapy, I have a good session like yesterday that helps me get perspective on where I am in my life right now. And the fact that I am still trying to get perspective in my life in this ever changing world of mine.
- I am having a home visit late Sun. afternoon from another cat adoption agency. So someone thinks I might be ok. Ahhhh, validation. ;-) The cat I wanted is already adopted, but apparently the other two I looked at are colors that are hard to adopt out (huh? - gray and tortoise colored? - though I will admit I would never ever want a white cat so I guess other people aren't nuts. or are at least as nuts as me).
- Thank you Heather for the hints on how to do bullets... just running late this am so no time to learn something new. And that's the wonderful thing about blogging - you meet such nice people...

10 comments:

Susan said...

I hope you can get the new kitty.

I'm just trying to stay awake today.

Tara said...

That's weird how gray and tortis are hard to adopt out! I have a torti calico, but I didn't adopt her from an agency, a former coworker offered her to me for free. Nine years later, my cat is still playing, jumping, running and acting like a kitten.

Pamela said...

I have yet to meet said kitty (either of them) so we'll see how ti goes.

Tara, doesn't the time go by fast??

Churlita said...

I love gray and tortoise shell colored cats. But I'm with you, I'm not so big on white cats either.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

well said
and have a great weekend jones

laura b. said...

Isn't it great how good physical activity can make you feel? I'm amazed over and over again by that simple fact. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Good luck with the kitty adoption patrol! I think cats of all colors are da bomb.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Hi there.. I am back (sort of)

Mel said...

Sending good luck thoughts for the cat adoption process.

Gosh, you persevere well!

The CEO said...

I adored my calicos when I had them. Wishing you the best of luck.

I'm glad you're able to climb, I have an idea what it means to you.

heather said...

once they see billy and what a happy (but a little lonely) kitty he is i'm sure you'll have a new member in the family soon.

*you're welcome :)