Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mother Nature has laughed in my face. The last two days I have not biked because of weather forecasts, so I was excited to bike in today. I'm 10 minutes away from going out the door and it starts snowing like crazy. The radio is talking about all the accidents in the north and west. But there was no way I was not going to bike, so I did. In the driving snow. And I survived!

Two nice things happened to me yesterday. The first - I had gotten my Levelor blinds and while the blind itself was what I wanted, the factory chose the top bar front thingie, and it is this weird green. When I called them yesterday, not only did they listen to me, but they are also shipping me a sample of a gray that they have to make sure I'd like it before sending it back for 'repairs'.

The second was when I stopped at Whole Foods after work. I didn't have a basket, and so put my wallet in my pocket. Of course I picked up way too many things to carry, so at some point my wallet fell out. I only realized when I was done shopping. I went to the customer service desk, and ta da, it was there. Nothing missing - I think, since I dont' know how much cash I had in there. Since it wasn't that long, I'm not worried about numbers being stolen.

6 comments:

Mel said...

:-)

I'll just smile....

EsLocura said...

what a treat to have nice things happen for a change besos

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i hear whole foods is bout to close a lot of store


chk this when u can

Churlita said...

Two good things? That's almost unheard of. You better go buy a lotto ticket.

NoRegrets said...

Mel, good!
Es, yes, I agree. I'm marking down all the good things.
T-yeah yeah.
Churlita - damn, I should have.

laura b. said...

You were sure determined to bike it! Glad you had a successful ride :-) And really glad you had two nice things happen to you, on the heels of what could have been bad things. Fate, she likes you.