Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Subjunctive Day?

If I knew how to do bullets, I would this morning.
If I knew how to fix my bike brakes, I would, so I wouldn't be biking with only my front brakes, which is a bit dangerous.
If I knew how to fix my back so I could climb like a real person, I would. Fuck it though, I'm climbing tonight and damn the consequences.
If I knew why my dishwasher doesn't drain completely, I would fix it so all would be perfect with the appliances in my kitchen.
If I were not on medication, I think I would be really depressed. But I'm not sure. Because maybe it's me helping me through the hard times.
If I can't keep my blood pressure down, I will have to go back on medication. [shoot, is that subjunctive?] (last night 134/84, but at the doctor's office on Wed it was 127 over 74 or something like that)
If I were sure that all of these were in the subjunctive mode, I would not have put the question mark on the title. Sister Rose is shaking her finger at me in heaven.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny, but my bp feels high... I just got a bloody nose from sneezing. I'm blaming it all on this cold I got.. Have a better day. C:)

Churlita said...

When I was younger and newly divorced and barely able to make my rent and pay daycare costs, my blood pressure got pretty high. It went down before they put me on meds, but they were definitely thinking about it for a while.

laura b. said...

When I read the first sentence I was all..."Bullets? What?" Then I got it. I think I need one more day off.

Nate said...

lol...yeah "bullets" took me awhile. I've got all the wrong associations.

The CEO said...

Bullets aren't al they are cracked up to be.
About the dishwasher.....there's a book aqt Home Depot.....
As for the rest, Mel knows EVERYTHING

Mel said...

Not a Federal employee and consequently had no extra day off.

I'll just hope for the BP going down with the dishwasher water.

NoRegrets said...

Oh, Craig. I hope the BP goes down! Colds are stressful.

Churlita - all the shit in my life that's happened in the last 10 years, yes, that caused high bp. I'm trying to see if I can keep it down to a reasonable level.

Laura - oops, but I didn't say gun!

Nate, well, I'm not surprised.

Monty - I'll search first for the model # and see if I can find the manual. Or I'll be a wuss and call a service person.

Mel - I think I'm gonig to have to scoop out the water, darn it. And then fix it. Wish I could do the same with bp.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

maybe u can sleep it off

heather said...

*psst*
to do the bullets click on the thing in between the numbered lines and the quotation marks on the top (just slightly to the right of center) of the 'compose' form.
:)

heather said...

~or~ go here
http://www.corbins.com/intro.htm