Thursday, February 26, 2009

Did you say you wanted a quilt?

I'm helping out Childs Play X2 by making a quilt for an auction to benefit the YMCA that he manages in Southern California.

See Here for the auction site. Mine is the only quilt on it. It's a repeat of what I made for my colleague...baby size.

From his request email to people:

As you may or may not know, I am the executive director of a YMCA in San Diego, CA that is a stone's throw from the Mexican/U.S border. We are situated in a low-income community that is comprised of many families struggling to achieve the American dream. Our YMCA provides childcare to hundreds of families - much of it free or reduced-cost. This year, in particular, has been a challenging one. Requests for financial assistance has risen almost 200% over last year and we are struggling to keep up our pledge of never turning anyone away due to an inability to pay.

February is the month that we have our YMCA fundraising drive. Because of my family issues, I'm a bit behind where I usually am at this point and I need to catch up fast! Many of you have expressed concern over my situation and asked how you can help - even from afar. Well, I think I have a way that anyone can help and, perhaps, make this fun at the same time... [an auction!]

5 comments:

laura b. said...

Very cool. Someone will be getting a real treasure and be helping a good cause.

The CEO said...

I am consistently impressed by your wide-ranging skills. When you come to my blog, you'll see I am supporting a different charity auction.

Churlita said...

Very cool. That's great that you can quilt. One of these days when my girls are gone and I have more time, I'm going to try to learn.

Mel said...

*sigh*

So many people in need......

What a great thing to give of your talents.

Pamela said...

Thanks so much Laura... We'll see if anyone bids.
Monty, so many charities to support!
Churlita, it's really easy. And I can show you someday.
Thanks Mel...