Monday, February 9, 2009

Thank goodness for fickle women

I love women who decide they want all new appliances because the ones they have are the wrong color. And the appliances are so good they just buy the same ones in black.

Meet my 'new' refrigerator. Please note that though it has a water/ice dispenser, I'm not connecting plumbing to it, so it's just for show and to drive uninvited guests crazy. 'where's the damn water! I need water to rob this house!'

And somewhere there is a stove and a dishwasher that need to be installed.

All for $500. I couldn't NOT get it. I also got a microwave in that pot too. And although my appliances still work, they are older, and having ones that are only 3 years old really make me feel like it's going to be a great kitchen. If I can ever deinstall the old stuff and install the new stuff. Which, I hope to do. But can't do in one night. Like tonight. I did find the breaker for the dishwasher, which is easy, but difficult when you are only one person and have to run up and down the stairs to check each breaker.

7 comments:

Churlita said...

What a great deal. New appliances are awesome. Once you get it all put back together, you'll never want to leave your kitchen.

Mel said...

Holy appliances!

What a deal you got.....

Tara said...

That is one purty fridge there! I was always envious of the fridges that had that little section on the door for ice and water.

NoRegrets said...

Churlita, I think you are correct...

Mel, yeah, though I have to live with the swearing of the people who worked HARD to get the fridge in (it's 4 inches wider and higher than my other one).

Tara, that is actually for show. I'm not running plumbing for it.

laura b. said...

You're right, that was too good of a deal to pass up! Way to go :-)

Now, we need to begin work on cloning ourselves to get a little help. You in? Then again, another me might be too awful to bear, even for the extra hands...

Susan said...

I get all of my appliances "gently used". It makes me feel thrifty.


I blogged purely to hide my cat from your glares.

The CEO said...

Dear Harriett Homeowner,
proud of you! good that you have beefy friends!