Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Friends can make you smile

Although I am feeling kinda like I don't have a lot of friends to do things with, the ones I do have are great. Just getting two phone calls was really nice - the one where one friend was trying to get me to get an x-ray, and one last night where she was driving and decided to just call and say hi, and also to give me shit for riding my bike with a splint on - a first for this friend to call me out of the blue. Of course, then there are the friends who make sure to let me know that exercise in the morning is correlated with heart attacks - I'm happy to report though that I am still alive this morning.

Yet, I still need to find something to do on a vacation. I was going to go on a climbing trip in May/early June, but I don't feel I can count on that with my finger. As it was, I didn't really have anyone to go with anyway. So, what should I do? Not sure. Would love to go to Barcelona - there's a music festival there that my internet radio station would have a booth at and I could at least know a few people, but it would be very expensive and again, I'd have noone to do other things with. I thought about visiting a colleague friend in Iowa, but not sure about that. I could go sit on a beach I suppose, but that's not really my style.

I don't really mean to sound pathetic, and I don't feel pathetic, at least right now. I'm just trying to figure out this new life of mine.

6 comments:

Squirrel said...

I, on the other hand, admire your tenacity for biking with a splint on your fingers. That's hard core. None of the other bikers will mess with you now.

Pamela said...

As if they would mess with me before!

Churlita said...

I love planning vacations. What do you want to do the most?

The CEO said...

What about going back to the family vacation place in Maine?

Pamela said...

Churlita, I have nio idea, that's part of the problem. OK the thing I want to do most is climb, but I noot only have the finger probolem, I aolso have the partner problem.

Monty, that's ar0und OLabor Day weekend, and I might do that again this year. but I need something before that.l

Susan said...

Okay, what did you do? for the splint, I mean.