Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tagged by Laura B

So this is the task:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I wish I could write the next three lines rather than the next 3 sentences, but here goes:

"Then they just cut chunks of fish and skewered them on green sticks and roasted them bare over fire coals. Veasey talked on and on, and when he tired of relating his own history, he tried to draw out Inman's story. Where his home might be."

It's from Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier. I still have not finished it, but not because I don't love it. I want it to last longer and I read so fast. The writing is so beautiful. I have many pages marked and once I finish and write a final review I wanted to share some quotes.

Anyway, tagging:
MRT, Squirrel, Smalltowngirl, Puss, Heather, Tera (I know, it's six, but I really want to know what all have nearby.)

13 comments:

Susan said...

I need to pick up this book. I was a fan of the movie and they say books are better.

Churlita said...

I've heard the book was excellent, if not a little tragic.

Glamourpuss said...

I did this one a while back, but I'll do it again! :-)

Puss

M. Robert Turnage said...

Cold Mountain is very good. I liked both the book and the movie.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to respond on the ol' blog until maybe next week sometime. Very busy weekend and week next week.

NoRegrets said...

Susan, I can keep it for you and give it to you whenever I see you in person.
Churlita, it is.
Thanks Puss..
MRT, I'm sad now...

M. Robert Turnage said...

Aw, crap. Don't be sad. Let me know if I need to make a limerick or talk about tasting the backside or something to cheer you up.

After tonight's post you will see why I won't be posting for a few days. And I already planned out my next three entries after that. So the response to this is currently scheduled to go after those three get written and posted.

However, if it means a lot, I'll get my act together and respond to this post sometime after tonight's post but before the scheduled three-part post.

NoRegrets said...

MRT, you really need to take some valium... :-)

M. Robert Turnage said...

As much as I appreciate your comment re Valium, the nervier I am, the more I get paid.

laura b. said...

I haven't read Cold Mountain or seen the movie. Reading it at least is on my 'to-do' list. Thanks for playing!!!

heather said...

'At least they've got a half-decent library, he thought, and I may even be able to get back my old job in the kitchen.'

jeffrey archer
cat o'nine tales

M. Robert Turnage said...

My Shelfari bookshelf can be found on the side o'the blog or here:

www.shelfari.com/gamookie

Tera said...

I'm going to do this one at home since I totally do not have books at work...only training and policy manuals that I am responsible for writing and updating.

Stay tuned...

NoRegrets said...

Laura, I liked it.
MRT - will look.
Heather - cool! Thanks (you would have been on the list...)
TERA - I wanted those books! :-) You've said over and over you don't read.